We British eat £4.6 billion worth of chocolate each year. Half the chocolate we eat is milk chocolate; a third is dark and the rest white chocolate.
As we have Easter and all its chocolate this month, we want to make our clients aware of the dangers of chocolate in dogs.
Chocolate contains a stimulant called theobromine (a bit like caffeine) that is poisonous to dogs.
The amount of theobromide differs in the different types of chocolate (dark chocolate has the most in it).
Keep your chocolate away from your pets or they may end up feeling like poor Sam who went crazy with the quality street!
He feels better now!
Other possible Easter Dangers to your pets:
Spring bulbs can be fatal if dug up and eaten by your pets.
Tulips and daffodils are toxic to dogs and cats, although all parts of the plant are toxic; it is the bulbs that actually contain the most toxins.
Do not allow your cats to drink the water of any cut daffodils in your home.
Horace the Labrador has eaten stones find out about other dangers
Prepare for the fireworks season early if you have a fearful pet
We would like to say a big congratulations to Tess, she has reached her target weight of 18kg!